There were days when I used to wonder which haircut I should get only after entering into the barbershop. Haha, too late. Therefore, I don’t want you to make the same mistake I made in my earlier days. So, in this article, we will help you to choose the best hairstyles for men according to face shape.
So, how to choose the right hairstyle for your face shape?
- If you have an angular face shape (square, rectangle, triangle, and diamond), you should have a hairstyle with more smooth curves like the pompadour, slick backs, etc..
- Or, if you have a curved face shape (oval, round, and heart), you should have a more angular hairstyle like quiffs and fringes.
To be honest, many of you go wrong in choosing your hairstyle. I find many men with a short round face with a casual messy fringe that projects their faces more sloppier. Never ever make a mistake like this. But don’t worry, we are here to guide you to look more sleek and elegant with a perfect hairstyle that fits your face.
Without any further ado, let’s jump into the article.
HAIRSTYLES FOR MEN ACCORDING TO FACE SHAPE
Hairstyles for Square face shaped men
Guys with square face shape have a prominent forehead with a strongly defined jawline of equal length and width. Your chins are very angular. You guys can go any of the three hairstyles given below.
- If you really want to increase your game up with short hair, then you can keep it very prompt with a classic military buzz cut. This will make you look super masculine and gives you more of an alpha male look.
- A modern undercut with skin fade will look amazing on you.
- But, if you want a more formal look you can go for a slick back with a side part.
- Long hairstyles like man bun, ponytail, top knot, and long textured waves will also suit your face shape excellently.
Here are some celebrities (men) with square face shape rocking different hairstyles:
Brad Pitt with an unkempt buzz cut
Also, check out our dedicated article on 40 Best Hairstyles For Square Faced Men.
Hairstyles for Rectangle face shaped men
Men with rectangle face have more length than width. Your forehead, cheekbones, jawline all are similar in size.
In this facial structure, you have to add more width to make your face look more balanced. If you go for a high skin fade, then you will make your face look thinner and longer than it already is.
Don’t go for a voluminous quiff or a pompadour, instead, you can keep some hair in the side and part it to add balance to your face.
The best suiting hairstyles for men with rectangular face are
- Crew cut
- Side part
- Side fringe
You can also grow a subtle beard to make your face even more handsome.
Men with rectangle face shape having different hairstyles:
Hairstyles for Diamond face shaped men
If you have a chiseled jaw with angular cheekbones, with the cheekbones forming the widest part of your face, then you have a diamond face shape. You have to add more hair on the top and to the side of your head.
Also, if you wish to add more shape to your lower part of the face, you can grow a beard.
- Modern Quiff will suit you well.
- A textured or angular fringe will also balance out the wider proportions of your cheekbones with your forehead, lending a more balanced look. You can have a hairstyle like a high fade sweeping fringe.
- A classic slick back with a side part will also look good on your face.
Here are some celebrities with diamond face shape rocking different hairstyles:
Hairstyles for Oval face shaped men
You gentlemen will find it very easy in choosing a hairstyle because your face shape is more versatile and one of the most common face shapes.
Oval face-shaped guys have narrow chin than the forehead with balanced proportions.
- You can go for a medium length hairstyle like conservative to modern quiffs.
- High volume mid fade pompadour with a high skin fade will appear awesome on your face.
- A messy fringe with a skin fade looks fantastic on you.
- You can even grow your hair long, and rock a top knot or man bun.
- If you want to look like you mean business, a classic side part can do it for you.
In a nutshell, any hairstyles look good on you.
Celebs with Oval Face Shape with different hairstyles:
Hairstyles for Round face shaped men
Your face has equal length and width. But, they are really soft angled with full cheeks and delicate features.
To find a balance, you need to build in the heights. So,
- You can go super short in back and side, but high volume on top like a modern quiff as it gives your face a more pronounced look.
- Also, the side part will also create more angles and give you a more mature look.
- A messy slick back will look awesome on you.
- Modern pompadours with a beard or stubble will work well for your face shape.
Bonus Tip: A well-shaped beard will give your face a chiseled jawline illusion that you badly need.
Some men with round face shape sporting different hairstyles that fit their face:
Click here to check out our dedicated article on Only The Best 20 Hairstyles For Round Faced Men & How To Style It.
Hairstyles for Heart face shaped men
With a prominent forehead and narrow jawline, a heart-shaped face exudes a striking look. You should remember that your chins are narrow. Thus, you should style your hair in such a way that, it does not make your chin look narrower. Moreover, you have to balance out the top part of your face with the bottom.
So, you can go for any of the following styles.
- A short to medium length quiff.
- Messy fringe with a skin fade.
- Classic combover.
Celebrities with Heart face shape having different hairstyles:
Hairstyles for Triangle face shaped men
The characteristic feature of triangular face shape is the wider jawline than the cheekbone. So, reminisce that you want to balance your jaw with your more narrow forehead.
Accordingly, you should not go for a short haircut on your side and back as it will make your jaw to protrude out. But, here are some hairstyles that you can rock:
- High volume quiff and pompadour will emphasize your look.
- A fringe will also look good for your face shape.
- A side part can accentuate your face shape by adding width to the upper part of your face.
- If you have curly hair, just let it grow out long.
Men with the triangle face shape rocking different hairstyles:
Best Haircuts According To Your Face Shape (Men)
- Square: Buzz Cut, Undercut, Fade or Side Part.
- Rectangle: Crew Cut, Caesar Cut or Side Part.
- Diamond: Undercut or Side Part.
- Oval: Fade, Caesar Cut, Buzz Cut, Crew Cut or Side Part.
- Round: Undercut, Crew Cut or Side Part.
- Heart: Side Part, Under Cut or Caesar Cut.
- Triangle: Side Part or Caesar Cut.
Make sure you also check out our other amazing guide on selecting frames according to face shape.
Latest posts by Mouli Sharma (see all)
- 40 Best Hairstyles For Square Faced Men - August 5, 2019
- Only The Best 20 Hairstyles For Round Faced Men & How To Style - August 4, 2019
- Hairstyles For Men According To Face Shape - July 13, 2019